Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Return to The Blue Rose Girls Blog

Spent some time today perusing children's literature blogs. So hard to find the time lately, but reading them gives me a shot in the arm and excites me so! Found again the Blue Rose Girls blog (bluerosegirls.blogspot.com), written by "Children's literature professionals who talk about books" including Grace Lin and Alvina Ling and others. I first learned of this blog when I was diligently following Grace Lin's blog (A Solitary Grace) and found a link to the Blue Rose Girls. I love Grace's books and her blog was so personal too. I began reading it when her husband Robert was living out his last days of cancer and she had various artists create Snowflakes for fundraising. I would have loved to buy one, but they were way beyond my budget, unfortunately.

I haven't followed her blog lately, but used to love reading about her work as a children's author and illustrator and loved reading her blog entries to trips to China. Her current blog is Grace Notes. Glad I was reunited again with Grace Lin (and other Blue Rose Girls) at their blog today.

No comments: